Also quotes by
Emily Blake of White Board Markers
Maggie of Bootstrap Productions
Christina Ferguson of Developmental Hell
Original Rules:Look up 15 of your favorite films on IMDB and take a quote from each. List them below. When someone guesses the quote correctly, cross it off the list. NO CHEATING.
Hugo's Rules:Either look up 20 of your favorite film quotes on IMDB OR look up your the movie scripts online and take a favorite line. Only theatrical release movies. List them below. When someone completes information on the quote correctly, cross it off the list. NO CHEATING.
1 point for each of the first three categories (+1 point for each correct writer involved):
- Movie Title
- Actor/Actress who said it
- Character Name
A little bit more difficult, but much more entertaining.AGAIN ... No cheating.
I admit, sadly, that I can only occasionally get the writer(s) but can get the films, characters, and actor/actress quite a bit.
1) Do you know that the harder thing to do and the right thing to do are usually the same thing? Nothing that has meaning is easy. Easy doesn't enter into grown-up life."
2) Ah, experience has conditioned you into thinking that all hearts are red and all spades are black because their shapes are similar. It's easier for your mind to interpret them based on that past experience instead of being open to the idea they could be different. We see what we expect to see, not necessarily what's really there. Children who have never played cards always pass this test. Makes you wonder how many other things are right in front of you - sights, sounds, smells that you can't experience because you've been conditioned not to. The good news is, if we do the test again, you'll pass. Once you're aware that there can be black hearts and red spades you'll be able to perceive them. Our brain's wiring is like the interstate highway system. It's easier to go from one well-traveled place to another. But the places in between, off the highway, even though they're there, most people zip right past them. 3) You fell victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia." But only slightly less well known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line."4) Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
5) I don't like warriors! They're too narrow-minded, no sublety. Worse, they fight for hopeless causes...for honor! Honor has killed millions of people but hasn't saved a single one.(pause)You know what -- do I like though, I like killer. A real dyed in the wool killer. Cold-blooded. Clean. Methodical. Thorough.
6) Yeah, I believe in love; I also believe in cancer.
7) Well Satan is in deep shit.
8) And there is no such thing as a no sale call. A sale is made on every call you make. Either you sell the client some stock or he sells you a reason he can't. Either way a sale is made, the only question is who is gonna close? You or him? Now be relentless, that's it, I'm done.
9) I still maintain that he kicked himself in the balls.
10) Hello Peter. What's happening? Um, I'm gonna need you go ahead and come in tomorrow. So if you could be here around nine, that would be great. Oh, oh, yea…I forgot. I'm gonna also need you to come in Sunday too. We, uh, lost some people this week and we need to sorta catch up. Thanks.
11) Oh, absolutely I believe in God. And I absolutely hate the fucker.
12) Why shouldn't I work for the N.S.A.? That's a tough one, but I'll take a shot. Say I'm working at N.S.A. Somebody puts a code on my desk, something nobody else can break. Maybe I take a shot at it and maybe I break it. And I'm real happy with myself, 'cause I did my job well. But maybe that code was the location of some rebel army in North Africa or the Middle East. Once they have that location, they bomb the village where the rebels were hiding and fifteen hundred people I never met, never had a no problem with get killed. Now the politicians are sayin', "Oh, Send in the marines to secure the area" 'cause they don't give a shit. It won't be their kid over there, gettin' shot. Just like it wasn't them when their number got called, 'cause they were pullin' a tour in the National Guard. It'll be some kid from Southie takin' shrapnel in the ass. And he comes back to find that the plant he used to work at got exported to the country he just got back from. And the guy who put the shrapnel in his ass got his old job, 'cause he'll work for fifteen cents a day and no bathroom breaks. Meanwhile he realizes the only reason he was over there in the first place was so we could install a government that would sell us oil at a good price. And of course the oil companies used the skirmish over there to scare up domestic oil prices. A cute little ancillary benefit for them, but it ain't helping my buddy at two-fifty a gallon. And they're takin' their sweet time bringin' the oil back of course, and maybe even took the liberty of hiring an alcoholic skipper who likes to drink martinis and fuckin' play slalom with the icebergs, and it ain't too long 'til he hits one, spills the oil and kills all the sea life in the North Atlantic. So now my buddy's out of work and he can't afford to drive, so he's got to walk to the fuckin' job interviews, which sucks 'cause the shrapnel in his ass is givin' him chronic hemorrhoids. And meanwhile he's starvin' 'cause every time he tries to get a bite to eat the only blue plate special they're servin' is North Atlantic scrod with Quaker State. So what did I think? I'm holdin' out for somethin' better. I figure fuck it, while I'm at it why not just shoot my buddy, take his job, give it to his sworn enemy, hike up gas prices, bomb a village, club a baby seal, hit the hash pipe and join the National Guard? I could be elected president.
13) Some of the best things in life are total mistakes.
14) If a friend borrows a twenty bucks and you never see him again, it was probably worth it.
15) We can't shoot a dog. People? Okay, but not dogs.
16) If I were dead and you were still fighting for life, I'd come back from the darkness. Back from the pit of hell to fight at your side.
17) Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail us now.
18) Summa cum laude. Magna cum laude. The radio's too laude. Adeste fidelis.
19) This isn't the state of California, it's a state of insanity.
20) To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three tigers.